Please click any of the tabs to learn more about each of the candidates.
This is a very important election for Lake Greenwood residents. This election will determine who your county board representative is for the Greenwood County side of the lake.
Connect Lake Greenwood does not support any candidate – and provides this information only as a public service.
(From the Ron Davenport website.)
As a father and grandfather, I have a vested interest in making Greenwood County a better place to live. I hope I can contribute through my continued public service to my community. I welcome your support.
Issues & Political Concerns
Ron Davenport holds many of the same core values as do most Greenwood County residents; family, good schools, non-violence and a better opportunity for residents. Read on to learn more about these issues and how Ron plans to address them.
Davenport for Council 2021 is truly passionate about issues involving the Lake Greenwood area, as it is one that impacts so many people all over the county. Ron Davenport aims to address any issues of Lake Greenwood to create better tourism for the greater Greenwood County area and resident concerns.
Ron Davenport is proud to support and push for change throughout the community. With 34 years of law enforcement experience, this is a very serious issue that has been impacting civilians nationwide. The Greenwood County community has been very fortunate to have a good relationship with our local law enforcement agencies. We need continued support of our law enforcement partners as much as possible.
Ron Davenport will work to provide adequate EMS services, personnel and facilities for faster response times for all citizens of Greenwood County.
A Greenwood County Native
Professional with 33+ years of law enforcement service, management, leadership, investigations and grant writing.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of work experience in National Security Field as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- 20 years of supervisory experience and management
- 19+ years working in the Court System of the State of South Carolina
- 20 years experience in Crime Victim Services
- 5+ years experience in Grant Writing and serving as Project Director of Grants
- 8 years experience in teaching Criminal Justice courses at the Technical College level
- Experience in setting budgets and operating within them
- Problem solver with strong interpersonal, negotiation, and team-building skills
- Strong analytical skills researching cases, law, and crime scenes with attention to detail
- Communication and presentation skills
- Assumes both authoritative and participatory leadership skills; ability to reach goals
- Solid experience in all phases of law enforcement having been qualified by the Circuit Court of South Carolina as an expert in several areas
Mary Ann Goodman
Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself as a candidate for Greenwood County Council Ward 5 seat.
I am married to Ninety Six Town Councilman Mickey Goodman and we reside in Ninety Six on the mill village. I currently serve as president of The 96 Mill Village Neighborhood Association and as a member of the Greenwood City/County Joint Planning Commission.
After being retired for two years, I have re-entered the workforce in a totally different capacity. My previous work history included that of patient financial counselor for Abbeville Area Medical Center, Clerk/Treasurer for the Town of Ninety Six, and Ninety Six Town Councilwoman. I am now a primary school lunchroom lady!
I believe my work in the medical area, in local government, and in the public school system will serve as a valuable resource in decision-making for everyone.
Again, thank you for this opportunity to introduce myself to you and I look forward to seeing you at the polls.
Sloan Griffin Jr
(Info to come.)
Married to my wife Denise for 42 years, two children, 3 adorable grand-daughters, 3 wonderful 4-legged children. Resident of Greenwood County 22 years. Owner of The Links at Stoney Point 11 years. Former President & CEO KC Pharmaceuticals. Former Owner, Chairman, President & CEO Aaron Industries Pharmaceuticals.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & SUPPORT
GREENWOOD HUMANE SOCIETY
FORMER BOWERS-RODGERS CHILDRENS HOME
GREENWOOD COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
LPGA SYMETRA & LEGENDS TOUR
PEGGY KIRK BELL JR WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT
AJGA YOUTH TOURNAMENT
FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS SPONSOR
DISCOVER GREENWOOD SPONSOR
CONNECT LAKE GREENWOOD SPONSOR
To my fellow Greenwood county district 5 friends and neighbors:
With the unfortunate passing of our long-time friend and County Council Chairman, Steve Brown, there is now the need for a special election to fill his position and to continue to have a strong voice and a strong advocate to represent the growing needs of our County. This special election is to be held on October 26th. After receiving a lot of encouragement by many of our friends in our District Five Lakeland area, and after much thought and consideration (and conversations with my wife) I have decided to run for this important County Council seat. *I will not be seeking or accepting any campaign donations and will donate the County Council compensation to support local programs in our area such as Connect Lake Greenwood, 96 Festival of Stars, Greenwood initiatives, The Humane Society and other non-profit organizations. I have listed below the areas of opportunity that exist, along with my community involvement and experience, for your review and consideration:
- Chairman Piedmont Technical College Foundation Board, 2009-present.
- GREENWOOD PROMISE: Initial development and supporter.
- PIEDMONT TECHNICAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS: Annual Nursing and Business-focused scholarship awards from Medford Family Foundation and The Links at Stoney Point
- PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE: Past Board of Trustees and past Chairman, School of Pharmacy.
- MUSC BOARD OF VISITORS
- Past Chairman, Partnership Alliance (public/private economic development organization for Greenwood County)
- SC Economic Ambassador
- Chairman, Greenwood Together Workforce Development
HOUSING & INFRASTRUCTION DEVELOPMENT:
- Chairman Stoney Point housing development
- Greenwood Together Workforce Development Infrastructure subcommittee
- SELF REGIONAL HOSPITAL Board of Directors, Planning & Marketing committee.
Dayne A Pruitt
Married to the former Traci Bridgers of Greenwood for the past 29 years. Have two children, Megan age 26 and Brandon age 24. Born and raised in Ninety Six and graduated from Ninety Six High School. I have worked in the telecommunications industry for the past 26 years. We are members of St. Mark United Methodist Church and Wesley Sunday School class.
University of South Carolina
Graduated with a B.S. degree in Marketing and Management. Nominated for Outstanding College Students of America
Southern Wesleyan University
Graduated with a Master of Science degree.
Greenwood School District 52 Board Member, Vice Chairman
1992-1995, 2007-2010, 2011-2017
Elected to four terms during three different decades. Elected as Vice Chairman in six of the twelve years served.
Greenwood Community Theatre Chairman
Served as Chairman of the Board during renovations that were funded through the Emerald Triangle Project. Also participated in four productions
Greenwood Miracle League Board Member
Charter Board member for this organization that ensures that “Every child deserves a chance to play baseball.”
Burton Center – Board of Visitors
Served on Board of Visitors for two-year term
COMMITMENT AS YOUR COUNTY COUNCIL NOMINEE
- Ensure that Ninety Six and the many lakeside communities have a proactive representative of their
- Continue to foster an emphasis on higher standards in public
- Ensure that law enforcement knows of any concerns emanating from District 5
- Oversee prudent fiscal responsibility by the County
- In representing District 5, be proactive and available to attend community meetings and to have a presence in the community at large
Golf, Video, Photography, Landscaping